12 May 2008
OFFF 2008 - Group 94 workshop
may 8 - 12h30 (delayed 30 min)
* hard to find a network connection ... so yes, my kingdom for a bloody wi-fi, that works. It's something to do with them prefs, cuz although i have a conn I can't seem to tune in on it. Aiight. Do it bloody analog then, huh huh.
Ok, a workshop about webusability. A talk about the dilemma between flash and html in webdesign.
Talking about the own Group 94 site, and the choices made there. An quick intro by Pascal
Pros and cons Flash:
- transitions more engaging user-experience
- no pointing to specific underlaying pages
- making content searchable is hard to implement without the flash-object usage
- Google ranking solution by swf-adress
- Lauren Greenfield, full flash-content but on different pages, using full-flash templates
Talking by Tom (the tallguy), he's a designer and developer at Group94.
• Building the Group 94 website
Looking for the woooaw-effect, designers can just mess around with unlimited ways to go, but then going over to development is another horse to shave. Customer > Concept > Design > Code > User: click and destroy it to go fast fast fast click click click. (Tom forgot to put a hit-frame on his btns ;)) It's build upon a mix of html and flash template CMS. Existing of content-modules: content, news and content.
• Using the SWF-ADDRESS
SWF-ADDRESS 2: using server-side .htaccess the adressbar doesn't change but redirects it to the correct contentpage being in this case the contactpage.
• Implementing a SEO and disabling the javescript
People can upload images to their server for a display
tags > events